EP14 – How to Use SMS and FB Messenger to Lower Customer Acquisitions Costs with Ben Parr of Octane AI
Did you know you can rev up your marketing by using SMS and Facebook Messenger to increase the value of list members by as much as 30%? You can layer automated SMS text and Facebook messages into the communications you’re already having with your customers.
Ben Parr, founder and president of Octane AI, sits down with us to talk about the baseline-level strategy you need to put in place if you’re a brand that hasn’t implemented SMS or Facebook Messenger marketing. Learn automations and sequences you can add to your marketing playbook to get real results.
Ben is a former co-editor of Mashable and wrote a bestselling book called Captivology: The Science of Capturing People’s Attention, which dives into why we pay attention to certain people and products and how to use that science to captivate others.
Octane AI is a conversational marketing platform for eCommerce that powers Facebook Messenger, SMS, and conversational ads all under one roof. You can run all your conversational campaigns from the Octane AI unified dashboard.
“A lot of people are scared to use SMS and Facebook Messenger marketing. The truth is your customers prefer you do it that way. That’s how they live and communicate.” – Ben Parr (16:26-16:50)
Some topics that were discussed include:
- The essential “flows” you need to set up for SMS and Facebook Messenger marketing
- The strategies Ben has seen work that you probably haven’t seen or tried yet
- Setting up your baseline before diving into SMS and Facebook Messenger marketing
- Why you need to send fewer messages on SMS than you do with email
- Why you have to think of SMS, email, and Facebook Messenger as one unified flow
- Triggering conditional splits based on actions users take
- The first three key flows you need to focus on
- Setting the right expecting when using SMS and Facebook Messenger marketing
- Giving your audience a choice in how they want to connect with you
- Integrations you need to test with your SMS and Facebook Messenger marketing strategies
- Every touchpoint you add can increase the revenue per subscriber by 20% to 30%
Contact Ben Parr:
References & links mentioned:
Subscribe & Review The Commerce Lab Podcast:
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of The Commerce Lab Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!